Wednesday, 28 September 2011

Tonight's the night...

The time has come: this evening I shall be handing over the completed manuscript, plus all of the photos and rough art for Dux Bellorum's publisher, Osprey Publishing, to start preparing the final version from. I've kept within the contracted word count but have managed to include all of the rules I wanted to, and have hopefully come up with a few good ideas for presentation to make the game as accessible as possible. As the game isn't complicated I'm hoping it might become a good starter wargame for the uninitiated, helped by the small number of miniatures you can get going with. Now I get a short break to actually play some other games in before any editorial queries and the proofs come back to me. Publication should still be on for mid-2012.