Thursday, 19 April 2012

We're Knights of the Round Table

... Our shows are formidable.

I've just received these - and many more - 28mm Wargames Foundry figures back from professional painter Matt Slade (http://glenbrookgames.co.uk/). Matt's done a great job on these and I'm really pleased with them.



The figures are old Citadel ones now sold by Wargames Foundry; as a kid, I'd do the magazine equivalent of pushing my nose right up against the glass of a shop window when looking at them in a White Dwarf advert. But I never licked the page. Honest.



I'll be using these for games of Song of Blades and Heroes and my own Arthurian supplement Song of Arthur and Merlin. I still use The Lord of the Rings: Strategy Battle Game for all sorts of medieval skirmishes so they'll get a run out with those rules as well. I think they'll look pretty fine as playing pieces in Shadows over Camelot and Shadows over Camelot: Merlin's Companyon the occasions I use the expansion with the main game (which isn't so often). I'd like to figure out a way to get them on the table when I play Ivanhoe and Camelot Legends but that requires a bit more thought. Any ideas?