Monday, 17 September 2012

Dux Bellorum: The WWW reviewers


Now that we’re a month or so after publication, Dux Bellorum has been reviewed in a few gaming mags now and hopefully there are more on the way. The rules have also been played and reviewed online by a number of players; this sort of review is hopefully useful to potential purchasers, as online people tend to say what they think perhaps more so than in magazines. For me, this might sometimes be good … and at other times bad!

Anyhow, I’ve spent a bit of time pulling together some of the material I’ve found posted online about Dux Bellorum and present it here in case it’s of use to you. As always, I’ve tried to include reviews whether they’re good or bad: if I wanted to paint a rosy picture I’d just witter on myself and not provide the links.

If you spot any other good/bad reviews or after action reports, please feel free to post links in the comments field. My thanks to everyone who has taken the time to try the game out and share their views with other gamers.

In no particular order, we have …