Thursday, 4 October 2012

Y Gododdin

Now, anyone who's read Glutter of Ravens will know that I've had a massive interest in the poem Y Gododdin for far too many years. So when James Morris invited me up to Nottingham to take part in his recreation of the battle using the Hail Caesar rules and hundreds of figures, I jumped at the chance. The game appeared in issue 300 of Wargames Illustrated ... if you've not got a copy, go out and buy one when you've finished reading my blog because it's a superb issue (one of my photos is shown to the left as a taster).

Wargames Illustrated have posted some extra images online, so if you've no idea what I'm talking about, follow the link to view some photos of the day: here.

Warning: I do appear in some of the photos, so only click on the link if you're brave of heart.