Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Reviewing the troops: Dux Bellorum and Song of Arthur and Merlin

Just a few links to keep you up to date with some of the activities that gamers more talented than me have been up to:

Steve Jones at Steve's Painting Shed has been assembling armies faster than a newly appointed emperor from Britannia ... he's gearing up for a couple of games of Dux Bellorum at this year's Salute with fellow Warhammer Age of Arthur author James Morris.

Andy over at Andy's Wargaming Blog has been building up some absolutely cracking armies for Dux Bellorum, and has also started playing ahead of the game at Salute. If you own Dux Bellorum you'll have seen some of his work in the rulebook. And seeing the army on his blog I'm hoping he feels it's less like DBA now!

Nic from Irregular Wars has been reporting on his quite frankly eye-wateringly detailed 10mm Song of Arthur and Merlin games; they put my 28mm figures to shame ... I'm sweeping mine into a bin as I type this.

And finally, Luddite from The Shire and Everything After brings us a Dux Bellorum battle report. He says the rules are 'neat' and 'hassle-free', which is great because that's exactly what I was trying to do.