Tuesday, 11 June 2013

Miniature Wargames 363: cover star

For possibly the first and only time, I've made the cover photo of a magazine. Not me in person, of course, but my 28mm Foundry/Citadel medievals.

You don't often see medieval models on the front of gaming magazines, but I think they look just dandy.

Here's what Henry Hyde says about the article that goes with that cover shot:

Take that, you varlet! Medievalist Dan Mersey strikes again, this time with a cracking little game for two or more players based on a medieval foot tourney. With full rules provided, there's fast and furious fun to be had by wargamers seeking bragging rights at the club!

I didn't paint the models, of course ... there's no way that Henry would be mad enough to entice readers to his magazine with a photo of my 'abstract art'. These were painted for me by Matt Slade of Glenbrook Games and a rather fine job he did too.

This is the first time I've featured in MW for a good many years (so far as I recall...).