Friday, 12 December 2014

Fireforge knights: work in progress

I don't often post about my handiwork, because a) it's not very handy, and b) I rarely have the time to do the said work.

Despite this, I thought I'd show this little work in progress: 4/6ths of a Lion Rampant Mounted Men-at-Arms unit that I've been working on for far too long. As you can see, I'm no great modeller or painter, but I do enjoy giving it a go!

The chap with the lion rampant on his shield bears a pretty close resemblance to that man De Montfort depicted on the cover of Lion Rampant (in terms of pose and helmet, and the lion of course). Oddly enough, I'd made and painted him before the cover art was drawn. Spooky, eh?

My Lion Rampant armies don't depict specific heraldry, instead I broadly colour code each retinue. These fellows are for a blue themed retinue, although I'm not sure I'll finish it as I'm now distracted by the Perry's Agincourt plastics.

Even so, I'm currently working on the final two models for this unit before starting the Perry's box. And they'll all need their bases finishing.

(Apologies for the low quality photo, it's from my phone...)