Friday, 27 March 2015

My favourite line about Lion Rampant (to date)

Many years ago I read a review of one of my books that said that the author - yep, me - wasn't a 'stuffy pumpkin'. Now, I liked that phrase and have always kept my eyes open for nice little lines in reviews of my work. Annie (the Dice Bag Lady) pulled a good one out of her dice bag with her interpretation of a rule as 'don't be a dick'. I liked that.

But my current favourite - amongst the many positive reviews and the less positive ones that are very sure that I haven't got a clue what I'm doing - comes from a review at Roleplayers Chronicle. It's not a comment so much about my rules as the hobby in general:

"The thing I liked most about this book was the focus on fun and cooperation. So many of the war gaming rules sets I have read seem like they are written by grumpy old men for grumpy old men, this was not the case for Lion Rampant.:

Brought a smile to my face, that did.