Wednesday, 17 June 2015

Scottorum Malleus IV: Publishing in Miniature Wargames with Battlegames 387

Long time followers may remember Scottorum Malleus, a slightly troublesome miniatures game I have developed on and off over the past few years. I had a nice command mechanism, but struggled to turn it into a solid miniatures game without being too derivative or too "out there".

But then a while back, I realised that I could create the type of simple board wargame I enjoy playing by using my Scottorum Malleus system, rather than plug away at making it into a miniatures game. This quickly - and pretty miraculously - resolved my issues. Huzzah!

Long term, I may look to produce this as a full-on boardgame, but for now, it was my pleasure to ask Our Hero Henry Hyde, editor of Miniature Wargames with Battlegames magazine, if he'd like to run an article from me, commemorating the 750th anniversary of the Battle of Evesham and including a full set of rules and map to play the game on.

The Man from Hove, he say 'Yeah', so you'll find a copy of my rules included in the latest issue of the magazine. If you enjoy it, let me know, and I'll think more about whether I can take this further and create a bigger boardgame. Want one?